Over 2 million Arizona families struggle with essential needs such as food, housing and clothing, getting access to basic medical, dental and optical care for their families, access to resources needed for those affected by disabilities, and access to resources needed during job transitions.

For The City Outreach is dedicated to providing solutions for food, shelter, clothing, medical care, cash assistance, and job training.

Are you ready to impact our community?

Arizona’s hunger rates are higher than the national averages – over 28% of Arizona’s children go to bed hungry! And, 2 million of Arizona’s families are considered working poor.

As an Arizona taxpayer, you can make an impact by redirecting a portion of your state income tax to a qualified Arizona charitable organization. You actually direct where YOUR tax dollars are spent!

Here is how it works: For the 2024 tax year, individuals are entitled to a 100% dollar-for-dollar credit against their Arizona income tax owed, up to $938 per married couple and $470 per single person.

Example: You owe $1000 to the State of Arizona for state taxes. You donate $400 to For The City Outreach. Your new amount owed to the State of Arizona is now $600.

Complete Arizona form 321 and include it when filing your 2024 taxes. You will need to enter the QCO code for your charitable organization. Illuminate’s QCO code is 22486.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is the Charitable Tax Credit?

A: The Charitable Tax Credit is a charitable contribution you can give to qualifying Arizona organizations. For The City Outreach is an approved organization. You can receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit on your Arizona state income tax return while helping people in our local community – at no additional cost to you. Your gift goes directly to For The City Outreach instead of the state.

Q: What is the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction?

A: A tax credit is significantly more beneficial than a tax deduction. A tax credit reduces your tax liability dollar for dollar and comes off at the bottom line. A tax deduction reduces the taxable income upon which your tax liability is calculated.

Q: Can I take the Charitable Tax Credit if I take the Public School Tax Credit and/or the Private Tuition Organization Charitable Tax Credit?

A: Yes, they are separate credits and you are allowed to take advantage of all three charitable contributions.

Q: How much can I give?

A: The amount you give is up to you, however, the maximum tax credit you can receive is $938 for married couples filing jointly and $470 if filing singly. Please contact your tax advisor for more information.